Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Update WLJ

I updated the Weight Loss Journal with the latest photo. I've added some holiday pounds and the scale reflected that: 157lbs. Am I worried? No. I did relax and enjoy the holiday goodies. Truth be told, on Christmas Day the scale read 161.5lbs. I'm sure that most of what I gained and subsequently lost was water weight. It's amazing what excess sodium can do to a body.

So how did I get rid of it? On December 26th, I stuck to my guns and got back on plan. Because we had leftovers (i.e. turducken) that I didn't want to waste, I decided to weigh and measure food and count calories. I came in at just under 1500. Yesterday, I resumed the Eat to Live plan. I'm convinced that my body absolutely does not need processed food, bread, pasta, and dairy. Well, OK, I do need 1 Tablespoon of half and half in my morning coffee, and an occasional bread/pastry product is fine. Pasta? I love pasta, but I've come to realize that it just doesn't fill me up and I'm always left wanting more. I've come to think of pasta as a topping for a spinach salad.

All in all, a wonderful holiday season. Just one more holiday to get through, oh, and my birthday, too. Onward and downward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...