Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: In Retrospect

As I look back, I can honestly say that 2011 was a good year for me. We had our ups and downs like anybody else, but overall, I'd say that we had more ups than downs. No one was deathly ill or seriously injured. We took some fun day trips; had a blast in Yosemite; and this Christmas was as close to normal as any we've ever had. Sure, both of our cars died, but we replaced them with new-to-us old VW Bugs. And sure, my husband changed jobs midyear which was a little stressful, but it's working now. Oh, and I lost over 50lbs.

I started off the year being mad and discouraged with just enough hope to say, "OK, I'll try it. What have I got to lose?" I had over 50lbs to lose and I lost it. I'm still not at my goal weight, but I am thrilled that I am not where I was last December 31st! Praise the Lord and pass the carrots!

I know that 2011 was not a good year for everyone, so I won't go on and on about how good it was for me. I learned many things this year, but the one important thing I learned is this: if your situation seems hopeless and bleak then turn to God first. Don't wait 20 years like I did concerning my weight loss. Wishing you many blessings in 2012.

Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...