Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Post of the New Year

The boys have been home from school this week. They had a wacky winter vacation schedule as far as I'm concerned: out of school on 12/21 and back to school on 1/9. WTF?!? Anyway, I've been busy trying to keep the boys occupied before they drove me crazy. One of my brilliant ideas was to plan a "kamping" trip before they went back to school; you know, something they could look forward to. Actually, my younger son could care less. With my oldest son, however, the plan worked.

Our first trip of the year will be to the beautiful Mendocino coast that will include a visit to the Point Arena Lighthouse. It's only for the weekend, but I think it will be a great start to 2012. Part of the fun of this four-hour trip each way will include riding in my husband's 1973 VW Bug while stuffing as little of our "kamping krap" as possible into it. Livin' large, baby, livin' large. I promise a full update on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...