Monday, October 10, 2011

H.I.P. Update

Well, another home improvement project has come and gone and I must say that the boys' rooms look brand new. Even without a fresh coat of paint on the walls. Seriously. Maybe I'm just saying that because I hate carpet - that nasty, hard-to-care-for, dirt-attracting carpet. Sure, it comes in a wide variety of colors and textures to match the room's decor. And sure, it's nice to feel the warm, soft carpet under your feet in the winter. But none of this is worth the long-term hassle of carpet in my opinion - especially carpet in kids' rooms.

The one thing that I do appreciate about carpet is that it does act as a sound dampener. Oh well, I'm willing to live without it. The laminate flooring lives up to its promise of looking good, being easy to clean, and relatively easy to install. (Thanks to my hardworking hubby.) It does look like real hardwood, sort of, but any claims of it sounding like real hardwood...I'm sorry, but it doesn't. I had real hardwood floors in my 1918 house in Seattle. Still, I'm not going to rain on my own parade because did I mention that it still looks good and is easy to clean?

2 comments:

  1. Do not believe for a moment that you will accomplish a complete installation in a day. There are a number of stipulations that qualify the claim: "Install in a day; Enjoy for a lifetime." I thought it was funny at first, then I got irritated, then settled into a bemused smoldering anger. But, project is done and it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, like laying tile is any easier. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...