Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Milestone

Of course I'm talking about shampoo! What did you think I was talking about?

There comes a time in every boy's life when he realizes that he doesn't want to smell like a baby; or heaven forbid, like a little kid. He realizes that the shampoo he's been using all of his life is no longer acceptable because it contains names like Wild Watermelon or Orange Mango Outburst. No offense to Suave. It's hard to pinpoint when this realization happens, but based on our household's experience I'd have to say that it happens around puberty. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's when it happens.

It all started out innocently. My oldest son asked if he could use our shower because I was helping his brother to shower in the other bathroom. He took his usual kid shampoo, body wash and towels into our bathroom and used our shower. Afterwards, I noticed that all of the shampoos and conditioners in our shower had been used. Even mine. Really? This went on for a while. Then it graduated to "Daddy, can I use your shampoo?" This happened fairly recently, like within the last four or five months. When asked why he didn't want to use his shampoo he said, "I like the way yours smells better."

Now I buy shampoo and conditioner for me and two bottles of men's shampoo - one for my husband, and one for the boys to share. Yes, even my youngest son now uses the big boy shampoo. Since we're not shampoo snobs, we generally use the Suave shampoos. In the past, I have used fabulous shampoos from Leonor Greyl and my husband has used Molton Brown. (And yes, there is a difference both in performance and quality; if anyone says otherwise, their head is somewhere other than on their shoulders.) As much as I enjoyed those high-end products there is no compelling reason for me to squeeze the budget to continue purchasing them. So, it's the grown-up Suave shampoo for everybody in the house. Finally, another milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...