Friday, March 11, 2011

The 4-1-1 on the Last Two Weeks

So, it's been a challenging two weeks as far as my weight loss is concerned. First, it was that time of the month, which always makes me feel bloated. Next, I decided to increase my fiber intake and I overdid it. I won't even spill the gory details, but suffice to say, I highly recommend following the advice to increase fiber intake slowly.  Another example of how I screw myself over by not paying attention. Live and learn; or apparently not.

My digestive system has been in recovery mode and my weight has been at a standstill. I've been fluctuating between 187 and 186. Instead of freaking out, I've decided to relax. That's right, you heard me: I've decided to relax. I am so close to reaching my first goal of losing 30lbs and I know it will happen. But, I've also had to remind myself that my original intent was to change my eating habits and to develop a healthy attitude toward food. It's working. As you may know, I use this calorie calculator to help me zig zag my calories so that I eat at or near maintenance level (high calorie days) a couple of times per week and below maintenance (low calorie days) the rest of the week. My current calorie range is between 1488 and 2100 with 2100 being the maintenance level. On those high calorie days I think, “Wow, that's a lot of food.” Believe me, I never would have said such a thing in the past.

I am learning to trust in the process. I am learning that lasting change does not happen overnight. I am also learning to relax and to enjoy my progress.


Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...