Monday, January 10, 2011

I Lost a Bag of Potatoes

I've lost 5.5lbs so far. Woo hoo! To be honest, part of me wants to jump up and down and celebrate because I do feel lighter and my clothes fit a little bit better. Another part of me wants to temper that celebration with a reminder: I still have a ways to go. I'm going to celebrate the small victory and here's why.

While grocery shopping on Saturday evening, I got the idea to pick up a 5lb bag of potatoes. On the one hand, it wasn't very heavy. On the other hand I thought, "I wouldn't want to carry this around the grocery store." Yet that's exactly what I had been doing prior to losing 5lbs.

I'm a visual and a hands-on learner, so picking up a bag of potatoes helped me to understand just how much 5lbs is and what it feels like. Just for fun (I need a life), I went to the baking aisle and picked up a 5lb bag of flour. Yup, it still felt like 5lbs just not as lumpy. It's only 5lbs, but it's 5lbs that I'm no longer carrying around. It's a start.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...