Monday, January 3, 2011

The Sweet Sound of Silence

Can you hear it? I know, me neither. The sweet sound of silence. Bliss. The kids went back to school today and for the first time in two weeks I can actually hear myself think. I'm drinking my coffee and writing out my to-do list without any interruptions. Joy! I love my kids, I really do, but two weeks of rainy winter vacation nearly sends me over the edge.

It's not as though they spend their vacation constantly fighting. Honestly, they don't interact very much. However, their constant presence in the house raises the energy level and the noise level. Also, when my youngest son is at home, it is next to impossible trying to accomplish household chores because he requires a level of assistance that my older son does not. So, each vacation day is a balancing act trying to fulfill his needs and doing my chores.

Believe it or not, summer vacation is not nearly as bad as winter vacation. During the summer there is a constant flow of activities to keep them occupied. The sunny summer weather means that my oldest will be outside playing with friends. Oh well, can't think of that now. I'll just finish my coffee and enjoy the first day of school in the new year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...