Monday, July 11, 2011

Through the Nose - A Day Trip

Last month, we took the boys on a day trip to San Francisco to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. This month we took them on a day trip to Squaw Valley and Lake Tahoe. I have been to Lake Tahoe, but since I'm not a skier, I've never been to Squaw Valley. I was reading online about what to do with the kids while in Tahoe, and noticed that one of the web sites mentioned Squaw Valley's tram - or Cable Car. Huh? I've never heard of that. I went to Squaw Valley's web site, and read all about the Cable Car. I knew I had found the perfect activity. The price was not cheap and as the title suggests you can pay through the nose (or up the waz) for all of this fun. But, I reasoned that it would be a fun activity for all of us to do and since I have blown at least that much at Target on more than one occasion, then Squaw Valley was surely worth as much as the crap I bought at Target.

Seeing the Cable Car in a picture is one thing; seeing it up close and in-person is another. My 11yo became a little apprehensive when he saw the Cable Car making a return trip - the realization that he would be lifted 2000 feet was dawning on him. In spite of this, he sucked it up and he enjoyed himself. As a bonus, we got to play in the snow at the top of the mountain a.k.a. High Camp. Totally cool! Snow in July!

After the return trip to Squaw Village, we made our way down to Lake Tahoe. The blueness of Lake Tahoe takes my breath away. It's simply gorgeous. We sat on the rocky shore and tossed rocks into the lake just to relax and enjoy the scenery. All in all, a fun albeit expensive day. No, I take that back. It was an investment in making memories that will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...