Friday, October 1, 2010

BFD

Mmmm, breakfast for dinner.  Why, what did you think "BFD" stood for?  Anyway, BFD is one of my favorite dinners because I actually get to eat a real breakfast on those days.  Normally, my breakfast consists of yogurt, or toast, or an English muffin.  I don't like to eat a big breakfast first thing in the morning because I'm not that hungry and quite frankly I don't have the time or the inclination to whip up a big breakfast.  On BFD days, however, I have the time.

Depending on what you make, BFD can be surprisingly cheap.  I usually make a coffee cake, scrambled eggs (with or without veggies), home fries, fruit, and the occasional sausage.  Leftover coffee cake is served for breakfast the next morning.  Looking at my handy dandy meal planner for October, I see that I have BFD scheduled for October 14th.  I'll let you know how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. We love breakfast for dinner! That's usually French Toast (I make) or waffles (Brian makes). Little Smokies or bacon... yum!

    GC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love French toast! The kids hate it but who cares? :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...