Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rethinking Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness

Talking about faith is never easy, at least not for me. Yet, sometimes the opposite is true: it's easy to talk the talk but not walk the walk. Either way, putting that faith into action can be difficult especially when we are influenced by so many things, like our surrounding culture. 

Americans say, "Life".
Jesus said, "For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it." Matthew 16:24

Americans say, "Liberty".
Jesus said, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” Luke 22:42

Americans say, "Pursuit of happiness".
Jesus said, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthew 16:25





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...