Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rushing into Fall

I do this every year. The minute September 1st rolls around I immediately go into Fall mode. I don't fall into Fall, I run into Fall. Out come all of the crock pot recipes, pumpkin recipes, bread, coffee cake, muffin recipes...and summer's not even over with. In my mind, when September is here it's Fall, baby! And that means planning visits to pumpkin farms, apple orchards and all that good stuff.

Unfortunately, summer usually goes out with a bang around here: this week it's supposed to be in the high 90s/low 100s. So much for a cooling trend. I guess the Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice lattes will have to wait a while. Although it is getting a little cooler in the early morning and in the evening; maybe I could slip away to Starbuck's then.

This fall I'm actually going to plant some daffodil and tulip bulbs. I've wanted to do this for at least 10 years and I finally bought the bulbs at Costco a few weeks ago. I might decide to plant some fall blooming crocus, but if I do I better get on that ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...